Register for the Dash!
| Contact Us
| Frequently Asked Questions
| Be a Vendor
| Corporate Sponsorship
| Collect Donations
| Event Information
October 31st, 2009 On site registration opens at 8:00am; runners begin at 9:00am; walkers begin at 9:10am. Online registration is now open. A Hounded Halloween's activities continue until 2pm with fun for all.
QC Dog Center 2390 West Lake Blvd., Davenport. Go west on Locust cross I-280 and turn right immediately after Honda Warehouse onto West Lake Blvd. Follow street to end turn left and the first building on the right is QC Dog Center.
The 1 mile course begins on the far end of West Lake Blvd at the culda sac, goes down the street in front of QC Dog Center toward the Honda Warehouse, around the median in front of the Honda Warehouse back to the culda sac.
For Dogs: Costume Contest, Best Trick, Bobbing for Hotdogs, Peanut Butter Eating, Cutest Mutt, and Strangest Mutt.
For Kids: Costume Contest, Musical Tombstones, Headless Waiter, Spider Crawl and Bag-0-Bones.
For Adults: Costume Contest and Silent Auction.
Include food, live music, arts & crafts for kids, face painting, a magician, contests, dog nail trimming, people massage, demonstrations and more. A Hounded Halloween's activities will continue until 2pm.
Dash rules for pets and people:
- Dogs entered must be currently licensed with proof of Parvo, distemper and rabies vaccinations. You do not need to bring proof with you; if an incident occurs, you must be able to produce proof in a reasonable amount of time.
- For safety reasons, “extend-a-leashes” will NOT be allowed. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Leashes should be no more than six feet in length while on the course.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Race officials reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog whose behavior could be dangerous to others. Please use good judgments regarding the temperament of your pet so that this event will be safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- No bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. are permitted for safety reasons.
- Pups Assisting With the Disabled suggests that dogs younger than six months should not participate.
- Be sure you and your dog are conditioned and properly trained for this event.
- Running all or even part of the 1 mile course is not required. Walking your dog throughout the course is encouraged.
- Raise Pledges and Earn Prizes
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a race? Definitely not. You can run, walk or jog at your own pace. You can run if you want, a “pack” of runners will start ahead of the walkers.
What if I can’t bring my dog? You can walk/run with or without a dog.
I’ve registered for Doggie Dash; can my children and spouse walk with me? Children 10 and under are free, but everyone else must register for the run/walk. Once you register, you’ll receive a free “doggie bag” of treats and for those that have chosen the option to receive an event t-shirt. The Hounded Halloween portion is open to everyone for free. You can participate in contests, watch demonstrations and visit the vendor booth without registering.
Can I register the day of the event? You can register on-site, although the fee will increase to $6 (from $5). We cannot guarantee a “doggie bag” to participants who register the day of the event.
Can I register by mail? You can download a registration form and mail it in. Follow the instructions on the form.
How is the money raised used? 100% of your registration fee goes to help Pups Assisting With the Disabled continue providing service dogs to the disabled and veterans here in the Quad City area. Programs, veterinary care, food, equipment, community education, printing costs and much more will all be benefited by your registration and participation in the Hounded Halloween/Doggie Dash.
Is my registration or entry fee tax deductible? Your entry fee for a charitable walk is considered by the IRS to be a price paid for attending and participating in the event and is not tax deductible. However, 100% of the donations made to support the Doggie Dash participants are tax deductible. If you are asking friends and families to sponsor you in the race, you can inform them that their sponsorship donation is tax deductible.
||Registration for Doggie Dash begins
||Runners for Doggie Dash begin
||Walkers for Doggie Dash begin
||A Hounded Halloween doors open
||Dog Costume Contest
||Dog Hotdog Eating Contest
||Dog Peanut Butter Eating Contest
||Dog Best Trick Contest
||Service Dog Demonstration
||Cutest Mutt Contest
||Strangest Mutt Contest
||Kid Costume Contest
||Adult Costume Contest
||Spider Crawl Game
||Headless Waiter Game
||Musical Tombstone Game
Ink Cartridge Source